GDPR - Privacy Notice
Accendo respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
A. You are a client or potential client of Accendo;
B. You have requested to receive any Accendo marketing material including performance information and newsletters; and/or
C. You have given your Personal Data to Accendo for any other purposes, for example including but not limited to as a current, former or prospective service provider, vendor, employee or partner.
1.1. Accendo Capital Management Limited with its registered office at Vision Exchange Building, Territorials Street, Zone 1, CBD, Birkirkara, Malta (“Accendo”) acts as a data controller and/or data processor in respect of your Personal Data for the purposes of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Accendo is responsible for ensuring that it uses your Personal Data in compliance with GDPR and applicable data protection laws.
1.3. “Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Accendo (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of Accendo or any other person in respect of an individual.
2. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT CAN BE USED
We might collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
Information that you provide to us: This includes information about you that you provide to us. Although the kind of Personal Data will vary depending on the nature of the interaction and service, information that might be provided in the normal course of doing business with you includes, but is not limited to: basic Personal Data (such as first name; family name; position in the company; company name; company email address; business phone number; business address; city; postcode; country); any information that you choose to share face-to-face, by telephone, by email or otherwise. This may include residential addresses or other contact details, signature, nationality, date and place of birth, tax identification number, copies of identification documents, bank account details, but may also include information about assets or net worth, credit history, source of funds details, as well as special categories of data, such as information about a person’s family, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, or other which may be considered sensitive information.
Information that we collect or generate about you: This may include information relating to your investment or potential investment in an Accendo managed fund or an account with us, emails, call recordings, website usage data, records of our interactions with you and minutes and notes in relation to our contact with you.
Information we obtain from other sources: This might include information from public websites, credit reference agencies and other public sources and information received from any of your advisers, intermediaries or agents.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
3.1. Assessing eligibility as a potential investor in a fund managed by Accendo or providing other investment services to you;
3.2. General business administration, including communicating with you, communicating with service providers on your behalf where necessary and any counterparties, accountancy and audit services, risk monitoring and administration of IT systems;
3.3. Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and industry standards;
3.4. Providing Accendo marketing and investment material and recording interactions with you for marketing purposes;
3.5. For future employment purposes if you or your agent has sent us a resume or other personal information; or
3.6. To assess your services if you are a vendor and you or your representative has sent us information about your goods or services.
We are entitled to process your Personal Data in these ways for the following reasons:
- Processing may be necessary to discharge a relevant legal or regulatory obligation;
- The processing will, in all cases, be necessary for Accendo’s legitimate business interests such as:
o carrying out Accendo’s business activities, including investment services and investor relations;
o ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory obligations and industry standards, and preventing fraud;
o establishing, exercising or defending legal rights or for other purposes relating to legal proceedings; and
o ensuring the security of information systems.
§ We have your consent;
§ In respect of any processing of sensitive Personal Data falling within special categories, such as any Personal Data relating to political opinions of a politically exposed person, the processing will be necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Data outside of Accendo for the following purposes:
To the extent required by law or regulation, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or if a regulator or tax authority has reasonably requested such information; and
If we sell some or all of our business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
5.1. Accendo is an international business. Our customers and our operations are spread around the world. As a result, we collect and transfer Personal Data on a global basis. That means that we may transfer and store your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
5.2. Where we transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of EEA, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- The recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- Where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside Europe.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which we are using it – as it will need to be kept for as long as is necessary for any of those purposes; and
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
- The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
- In some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Accendo;
- The right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- The right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may, where the relevant law permits, charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive (for example, for repeat copies). Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out under “Questions and Concerns” below. You can find out more information about your rights by contacting an EU data regulator such as the National Commission for Data Protection (Commission Nationale Pour La Protection Des Données (CNPD)), the supervisory authority for data protection issues in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg (https://cnpd.public.lu)
8. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns about Accendo’s handling of your Personal Data, or about this Policy, please address questions and requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
As of June 2022